29 January 2011

Snow, Snow, and finally a Run!

We have had an interesting week... a foot of snow and a 5 day weekend! The first snow day was nice- the second we were getting on each others nerves and by the end of Friday I was starting to panic about any work I have piling up! But we did have some fun!!


Munchkin' s Snowman masterpiece - the funniest thing- later that night taking Gir out - he freaked out and barked and barked...


I did get some things done- cleaned a little, re-organized some more (I don't think I will EVER get this tiny house organized the way I like it).. and worked on my online class a bit. So I don't feel like these days off were a total waste. I really am not looking forward to being in school until July though. The weather forecasters keep scaring me with "more winter weather headed to the Mid Atlantic" - ummm no I have had enough winter.. bring on the spring now please!!

And today our running skirts came in I ordered Munchkin and I matching skirts! I need to lose 5 pounds for me to feel totally
comfortable in mine (ordered a different skirt than last time and this one fits differently). But Munchkin is ADORABLE!!
So we headed out for a run this evening. I have been doing more speed walking than running- but Munchkin LOVES
to run.. So she was off.. and I was behind. There is nothing better for a mom's self esteem than her 7 year old to tell her she needs to practice more -and maybe try to lose that weight you are always talking about- that would help you keep up too... Ahhh yes that was awesome! It was close to dark and we
didn't have good reflective gear on- so we only did .60 of a mile. It was enough that I wanted to go back out, and I see the need to get my butt out there more before this 5K in.. gasp 5 or 6 weeks!!

Maybe one day I can keep up - or even Pass the 7 year old!! *sigh*


2 comments:

  1. Saw your post on our blog and just wanted to stop by and say HI :) So good to see that you guys are out running and having a blast while doing it. Can't wait to hear about your upcoming race!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I read your profile--holy cow you've been thru so much. I hope you and your munchkin enjoy your new skirts!

    ReplyDelete