21 January 2011

Ugh

It has been a long two weeks... I took over testing for my school this year- and these last two weeks were the MD High School Assessments for the January Term... AHHH!! It is much more stress than I thought it would be! Put on top of that two snow days and two delay days where I had to figure out what to do with testing rooms, teachers, etc - I have never been more glad for a week to end!

On top of that it is my maudlin time of the year anyway... There is just something about winter- when the earth dies - that makes me miss Geoff more than usual... A more constant dull ache in my heart for 2 months or so. I always figure it goes along with winter- dark, cold, makes death and loss more real and in the forefront.

I have been walking more - a sort of speed walking with random bots of running thrown in. Nothing official or huge yet- but enough that I haven't totally given in to sadness or depression. Which is very nice! I have even been attempting to reorganise some parts of the house that I just don't like.. OK - some of the organising is self-serving... I picked out two treadmills (one cheap one not so cheap - depends on tax returns) so I am trying to figure out where one can go in this old small house...

On top of it all- I am taking online grad courses. I have to take a few to keep up certification, and I want to try to get my Master's Plus 30 in before the county does away with the raise for it! I only need 7 credits, so I found an online professional development college that my system accepts, and signed up to take three in a row. I am giving myself 6 weeks to finish one before the other starts. I am hoping getting my brain a little in gear helps me get moving. I got my books for the first class today!

J is gone this weekend- he is helping chaperone the youth group trip. I wish I had gone- I dont' get away and do fun things like that enough... I am a little envious- I have always wanted to be more involved- the three girls I mentor all went; but somehow he is one of the main adults helping with stuff now! How did that happen!!



Munchkin and I have been having a good girls and GIR (the dog) weekend though! We are going to watch a movie and have a sleepover tonight!! :)




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I can read here a deep inner strength, you must be an amazing woman, mother, & counselor.

    ReplyDelete